Thursday, March 4, 2010

MO TEE SUH AND CONNIE VAN


The door of the diner opened
In walked Connie Van DeCamp
Butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth
Known as the town’s dirty tramp

“Well, look at you Miss Connie Van”
“All dolled up like yo’ bad self”
Mo Tee Suh pointed to a booth
“You trollin’ or by yoself?”

“I decided to come in here”
“It sure needs a little class”
“But, it you’re gonna talk like that”
“You can kiss my big white..”

“Hey! Mama don’t like talk like that”
“Order something or just go”
“I ain’t in no mood for you, girl”
“Find someplace else for your show!”

“I’m headin’ off to Hollywood!”
Mo Tee Suh’s ears perked up
“I’m gonna be a movie star”
“Go git me a CLEAN coffee cup”

“Mama!” Mo Tee Suh screamed out back
“That tramp’s stealin’ all my dreams!”
As she peeked from the kitchen door
Connie looked around and beamed

“Here’s your CLEAN cup, Miss Connie Van”
”How you gonna be a star?”
‘Oh, this old man saw me dancin’”
“Said, I could really go far”

Mo Tee Suh didn’t say much more
She knew her dreams weren’t taken
Connie would never be a star
That ol’ man was mistaken
MO TEE SUH @2010 - The above and all poems on this blog cannot be reproduced on the World Wide Web or any other published form without the written permission of the writer/creator at scarlet@rhymecreek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment