Sunday, March 14, 2010

MO TEE SUH GETS NO ANSWERS


“Hey there, Mah-grit, how you doin’?”
Charlotte Jean was talking sweet
“I’m fine as frog’s hair split twice”
“So, tell me how’d you folks meet?”

Mo Tee Suh watched her feller
Walkin’ towards a booth
Charlotte Jean thought of some lies
Mo Tee Suh wanted the truth

“I saw y’all drive up out there”
“That cain’t be your car, is it?”
The feller stared at the floor
She was gonna throw a fit

“Has the cat got your tongue, girl?”
“You know I’m tawkin’ to you!”
“Why’d you drive up heah with him?
Charlotte Jean walked away too

“Fine! Fine! Just be that way then!”
“Mama, two bowls of Shoe Soup”
“That’s all those two fools will git!”
“I’ll be out thar on the stoop!”

MO TEE SUH @2010 - The above and all poetry on this blog cannot be reproduced on the World Wide Web or any other published form without the written permission of the writer/creator at scarlet@rhymecreek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment